Together for Animals aims to provide an excellent supporter and customer service which means complaints are taken seriously. We are always grateful to hear from people who take the time to tell us about their concerns if they believe we are not meeting our high standards – that way we can take appropriate steps and actions to rectify the situation and put appropriate measures in place to try to prevent the issue from happening again.
How to get in touch with us:
Our complaints procedure lets you choose how you would like to contact us. We will respond to you using the same method, unless you tell us otherwise:
- By email: You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: You can call us on 0870 609 2810. The phone is open during office hours – Monday to Friday between 9.00am and 5.00pm. If you call outside these hours, please leave a message with your name and contact number and someone will call you back as soon as we are able to.
- By post: You can write to us at: Together for Animals
Home Close Farm
Oxon OX18 4PF
Please note: Please include your name, address and contact telephone number in your email or letter so that we can get back in touch with you quickly and easily.
Our promise to you:
- We promise to let you know we’ve received your complaint within three working days of receipt.
- We promise to do our best to respond fully and conclusively to your complaint within ten working days. Should we think it may take longer dependant on the nature of the complaint we will advise you.
Our approach to supporter complaints:
- We will always listen to what you say and treat you with respect and courtesy
- We will seek to resolve your complaint objectively and honestly
There will be some occasions when we will not be able to respond:
- When a complaint is illegible or incoherent.
- If a complaint concerns an issue that happened more than three months ago as it is very difficult to investigate these thoroughly once time has passed.
- When a complainant is being abusive or offensive.
- When a complaint is made anonymously. At our discretion, we may decide to investigate the complaint and use the information to improve if we can, but we obviously cannot respond directly.
- When a complainant unreasonably pursues a matter that we have already fully responded to. However, if a complainant is unhappy with the response given, we will ensure our escalation procedure is followed.
If, after contacting us, you are still not satisfied, then your complaint will be escalated to the fundraising regulator who will provide the final escalation point and their decision is final. We are a charity with limited resources and we must use them in the best way possible.
If your complaint is related to a non-fundraising matter and you do not feel completely satisfied by our response, then you can contact The Charity Commission. Contact details are:
- PO Box 1227, Liverpool, L69 3UG
- Website: www.charity-commission.gov.uk
- Tel: 0845 3000 218
If your complaint is about fundraising and you feel that it has been unresolved by us, then the Fundraising Regulator can investigate your complaint. Contact details are:
- 2nd Floor, CAN Mezzanine Building, 49-51 East Road, London N1 6AH
- Website: www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk
- Tel: 0300 999 3407