April is National Pet Month – promoting responsible pet ownership and raising awareness of the incredible work of animal charities across the UK.
Animals contribute so much to our mental and physical wellbeing. By working together we are ensuring that they can enjoy the happier, healthier lives that they deserve.
To start with we want to share with National Pet Month’s Top Ten Tips for Responsible Pet Ownership:
- Think carefully before getting a pet and learn about its special requirements.
- Ensure your pet is sociable and well trained.
- Provide a nutritious and well balanced diet.
- Provide suitable housing and bedding.
- Clean up after your pet and worm it regularly.
- Protect against disease. Your vet can provide you with advice.
- Prevent unwanted litters and neuter your pet when appropriate.
- Groom your pet regularly.
- Ensure your pet can be identified.
- Take out pet insurance to cover against unexpected veterinary fees and third party liability.